Our innovative river cruise ships have a wealth of wonderful amenities and unique spaces that have earned us dozens of awards and rendered them the highest rated river cruise ships in Europe. From the largest staterooms to the smallest of details, learn about our 20 best ship features that help ensure a memorable journey.
1. Our signature view-enhancing twin-balcony staterooms where both a French balcony and an outside balcony await with fresh air and the everchanging landscapes outside your window, available on most ships in Europe and the AmaDara on the Mekong River.
Learn More About Our Twin Balconies
2. Exquisite locally-sourced cuisine included in the price of your cruise – in multiple dining venues, including The Chef’s Table Restaurant. Our expert chefs hand select only the freshest seasonal ingredients from markets on shore, ensuring that every dish, from our flavorful vegetable-forward soups to our exquisite breakfast jams (made with no added sugar) to our beautifully plated main courses, such as our asparagus risotto, always offer the most delightful culinary journey for your palate.
Learn More About Our Dining
3. High-quality complimentary Wi-Fi on board, ensuring you are able to stay connected, whether with your workplace, the news of the world, or your loved ones back home.
Learn More About Staying Connected
4. Our complimentary fleet of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks, available on our ships in Europe, enabling active travelers to explore the world on our included hiking and biking tours or independently. We were the first river cruise line to offer bicycles on board!
Learn More About Our Active Excursions
5. Green Award Certification – Twenty of our ships in Europe have been honored with this prestigious certification for industry-leading safety, quality and environmental performance. Our commitment to sustainability means that our ships have energy-saving LED lights, special insulated windows to reduce energy needs, solar heating systems and more.
Learn More About Sustainability
6. Impressive storage space in staterooms – Most of our ships have the following: a three-door wardrobe with space to hang plenty of clothes as well as shelves; ample room to store luggage underneath the bed; and an extra rolling drawer or compartment beneath the bed to unpack. There is also a personal safe to store valuables, as well as storage in the bathrooms for toiletries and makeup bags. In addition, most of our staterooms have a mini-fridge in which to store goodies purchased during your journey, such as wine or chocolates.
Prepare For Your Cruise
7. Thoughtful details that anticipate your needs on board – High-quality umbrellas in your stateroom and warm blankets on the Sun Deck ensure you are able to experience every fascinating destination and enjoy every scenic view, regardless of whatever Mother Nature sends our way. You’ll often be greeted with refreshing towels and bottles of water after hikes, bike rides and warm-weather excursions, while hot mugs of gluhwein and tea are available to warm you up when temperatures cool down.
8. With floor-to-ceiling windows in the Main Lounge, you will never miss a view in any season or weather condition, whether we are sailing through the idyllic French countryside, past the iconic windmills in the Netherlands, through Austria’s vineyard-rich Wachau Valley or through Germany’s castle-laden Rhine Gorge.
Learn More About Our Views
9. Expansive, Amenity-Filled Sun Decks – All of our ships feature a heated sun-deck pool or whirlpool (or both on board AmaMagna), and many of our newer ships include a swim-up bar. In addition, there is a walking track and space for wellness activities led by a Wellness Host, with additional amenities such as a golf putting green or giant chess board on select ships.
10. Our ships were purposefully built with a low draft – This means that the bottom of the ship is very shallow, so if ever water levels are not ideal, we’re able to continue carrying you along the rivers further than most other European river cruise ships.
11. Coffee and tea station available 24/7 - Whenever our guests are looking for a pick-me-up, we want to ensure they never have to wait – and that a quality brew is always available. To that end, we ensure our coffee machines are state-of-the-art and our guests have confirmed that the beverages they receive are top notch! We also have a variety of teas available to accommodate your unique tastes at any time of day, as well as during our afternoon teatime, which includes a delightful assortment of cakes, tarts and sandwiches.
12. We use state-of-the-art fan coil air conditioning units, which are individually controlled within your stateroom. This ensures the air is always fresh and clean while the temperature remains to your liking in any season.
Learn More About Our Protocols
13. Every ship offers a well-equipped fitness center with high-quality contemporary exercise equipment from treadmills to spin bikes to resistance bands and more. The expansive Zen Wellness Studio on AmaMagna also features outdoor spin bikes and a juice bar.
Learn More About Our Wellness Program
14. Onboard hair salons and spas, to provide you with the pampering and relaxation you deserve and ensure you always look and feel your best. In addition, our AmaMagna and AmaDahlia also have a nail salon on board. All services are available for a nominal fee.
15. Spacious staterooms that range from 140 sq. ft. to up to 710 sq. ft. in AmaMagna’s suites, as well as connecting staterooms on select ships that are perfect for families.
Learn More About the Luxury of Space
16. Contemporary, destination-inspired décor. Each ship in our family is unique, whether you are sailing on board our distinctive AmaDara, with its intricately carved French colonial-style dark woods and artifacts created by local artists, or our AmaDahlia, with its subdued tones and lovely Chef’s Al Fresco Restaurant.
17. Onboard Entertainment – Dance floors, onboard musicians and local performers ensure that each evening following dinner is a joyful celebration on board. Of course, sometimes you simply want to relax in your own personal space, which is why our stateroom TVs feature Entertainment-On-Demand with English-language programming, music and movies. On the AmaMagna, a chic and intimate onboard cinema is also available, playing sports games, movies and even video games.
Learn More About Our Entertainment
18. A Festive Holiday Atmosphere – During Christmastime, our ships are the most elegantly decorated ships on the rivers, with trees, garlands, lights and snow globes to spare. But we also love to decorate during the colorful spring Tulip Time cruises and surprise our guests with spooky Halloween celebrations on board as well!
Learn More About Our Christmas Markets Itineraries
19. Our People: The Heart of our Ships – Our ships are the hardware, but our extraordinarily warm and welcoming crew and Cruise Managers serve as the “heart” of each ship and are the reason AmaWaterways has continued to sail the world’s rivers for so many years.
Learn More About Our Service
20. Our Guests: Inclusive, diverse, open and curious about the world around them, our guests bring a deep sense of family to each journey and help us create memories that last a lifetime.
Contact your preferred travel advisor to learn more about our river cruise ships and the incredible destinations through which we sail!