This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the communication and engagement with our Trade Partners, by utilizing various tools, resources and technology, including various virtual platforms by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with our Field Sales, Strategic Partner Networks, and National Accounts to ensure they are exceeding their goals at the lowest possible cost of sale and assists on various trade sales related tasks.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing in the creation of various PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains calendar of events and activities, including virtual and in person.
- Maintains log of calendar of activities and events not limited to Conferences, Trade Shows, Webinars, and Sales Calls.
- Assists in scheduling and coordinating Seminars on the Rivers and familiarization (FAM) trips when applicable.
- Communicates with Reservation Support for agency updates for Primary Contact List.
- Helps collect and facilitate Secondary Phone Field information for Reservation Support and System Data Team.
- Attends and contributes to weekly Sales meeting.
- Collaborates with various departments including Accounting, Operations, and Sales for reporting.
- Assists in updating Sales Agreement contracts, collects signatures, and files on company server.
- Assists with travel agency co-op marketing programs, including collaborating with marketing, group, and promotions team to ensure co-op advertisements and flyers meet all brand objectives.
- Logs approved invoices on Invoice Tracker and forwards to Accounting for processing.
- Assists other department on special projects as needed.
- Embraces and engages in AmaCore Values.
- Familiarizes and understands basic AmaWaterways products in Europe, Asia, and Africa, including a basic understanding of geography in those key areas.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure tasks are completed as assigned.
- Works with Business Development Managers (BDMs) to ensure current agency agreements and marketing plans are fully executed.
- Monitors websites to ensure proper placement and content in line with our brand guidelines.
- Ensures proper collateral and material are ordered in a timely fashion to avoid last minute rush orders.
- Monitors Lead Conversion Results by partner.
- Logs and manages BDM tool kit adhering to approved budget.
- Executes and delivers projects assigned by management.
- Communicates regularly with Manager, Director, and Vice President of the department
ACCOUNTABILITY: Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acument - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
BUSINESS RELATED CONTACTS:
- Business Development Managers
- Department Manager
- Management Team
- Reservations Department
- Marketing Department
- Operations Department
- Accounting Department
- Air Department
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in: Contact Management Systems, Database Software, Design Software, Internet Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing Software, Electronic Mail Software, Presentation Software, In-house Reservation Software, Customer Retention Management Software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes no special vision requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.