This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the successful operation of one, or more ships through the flow of information to Hotels, Ground Suppliers, and European Staff and internally with group and sales agents by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to a set Calendar of tasks for day to day operations.
- Maintains hotel blocks, releases and requests space, including extra nights and upgrades.
- Run reports.
- Creates accurate manifests to convey appropriate cruise information and sends to necessary suppliers, utilizing the reservation system.
- Confirms services with ground suppliers through monthly updating of passenger numbers.
- Maintains costing sheets per departure for costing control.
- Generates, compiles, packages and sends customer final documents.
- Works with the Group Department to ensure all groups run smoothly.
- Coordinates any requests for custom services, in a timely manner and quote pricing to the end-user.
- Answers operations questions from the Reservations (Group and FIT) department.
- Works with the Air Department to ensure air tickets are issued in time and accurately.
- Negotiates with suppliers for contracted and custom services.
- Validates online tour selection menu for each cruise.
Quality control through the accurate reporting of data to suppliers – either confirming services or passenger numbers or through accurate information on manifests and emails. Control costs through managing confirmed services. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decisionmaking process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Business Related Contacts:
- Reservations (Group/FIT) Department – Coordinator of all land-related requests/activities. Ensures all custom/special requests are booked.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in: Database Software, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing Software, Electronic Mail Software, In-house Reservation Software.
Other Skills And Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication, and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remains calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognizes problems, identifies possible causes, and resolves routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
- Operations experience required.
- Knowledge of geography is helpful.
- At least one year of experience required.
- Ability to analyze the risk, benefit, and impact of decision on the present and future business environment prior to taking action.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Advance spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external senior level executives.
- Demonstrable competence in team building, development of objectives and goals, and goal accomplishment.
- Exceptionally strong leadership and management capabilities.
- May require some travel on an as needed basis.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply please click this link https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-TH81E7IMI?u=1100423. You will be asked to provide your name and contact email address and to upload your resume. As part of the application process, you will also have to complete two online tests: a Cognitive Aptitude Test and an Employee Personality Profile.
Point of Contact: Ryan Ahern