This position is primarily responsible for providing analysis and reporting of revenue and vessel inventory based on initiatives around pricing, promotional offers, and other tactics; measures the success of promotional campaigns implemented in all markets; collaborates with Marketing, Finance, and IT to develop and automate reporting that will be used regularly to make informed decisions; and aligns strategic plans with Marketing and Sales to ensure increased revenue and ship guest count.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages retail marketing team and works closely with key executive team members to ensure alignment and focus on company revenue and inventory management.
- Analyzes and reports on impact of pricing, promotional offers, offer combinations, and other tactics across all product and channels.
- Drives continuous improvement of policies and processes as well as the enhancement and creation of reports, metrics, and tools utilizing programs such as Tableau and Salesforce.
- Develops and manages monthly reporting that details progress toward filing inventory capacity across all products.
- Leads weekly revenue meeting with senior leadership, Sales, and Marketing to report performance, identifies revenue opportunities, and creates strategies based on demand patterns to increase revenue.
- Responsible for competitive analysis relating to competitor pricing, policies, promotions, and product.
- Regularly monitors product inventory and communicates the focus and priority on dates of need internally.
- Assist with deployment optimization by reviewing market demand, industry capacity, revenue potential, and costs.
- Collaborates cross-functionality with Finance, Sales, Marketing, and other key stakeholders to identify ticket revenue and ticket yield improvement opportunities.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing to understand demand generating activities, effectiveness of promotions, and manages discounts and tactical pricing.
- Collaborates with different marketing channels and departments, such as IT and Reservations, to ensure promotional offers are distributed properly.
- Partners with key stakeholders and IT to develop promotional offers in reservation system and regularly monitors and adjusts based on rate of sale.
- Monitors website and reviews marketing and sales collateral for retail pricing and promotional accuracy, including terms and conditions.
- Liaises with Operations, Product Managers, and IT to ensure new products and season are built in reservation system and presented accurately in all channels.
- Maintains marketing dates and prices files.
- Maintains an effective and insightful communications conduit between Marketing department and Contact Center/Reservations department on all promotional activities.
Accountability: Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decisionmaking process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Business Related Contacts: Internal departments and travel agents
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in: Contact Management Systems, Database Software, Design Software, Development Software, Human Resource Systems, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing Software, Electronic Mail Software, Presentation Software, Reservation Software.
Other Qualifications, Knowledge, And Skills:
- Three years or more experience in leading an analytical team.
- Five years of previous experience with Revenue Management, Finance, Sales, and/or Marketing preferred. Previous experience in implementing system enhancement and decision-making tools preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Strong ability to think creatively on strategy, innovating on conventional processes and practice.
- Ability to produce clear reports using appropriate software (example, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated natural curiosity to understand business performance and the “why” behind business results.
- Excellent attention to detail and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the travel industry a plus.
- SQL query writing, advanced proficiency.
- Experience data mapping, report building within multiple systems.
- Google Analytics experience.
- Design experience for Tableau reporting a plus.
- Data modeling experience a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret business performance data.
- Ability to structure logically quantitative analysis of complex issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms. The employee is continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.