CALABASAS, CA - (Oct. 18, 2022) -
Travelers Can Choose from Variety of Complimentary Pre- or Post-Cruise Land Packages to Extend Their River Cruise Journeys
Responding to the increased demand for longer more immersive vacations, the award-winning luxury river cruise line AmaWaterways unveiled a limited time offer of complimentary pre- or post-cruise land packages on select Europe, Egypt and Mekong River cruises in 2023*. Now available for reservations made until December 31, 2022, this exceptional offer provides guests a variety of complimentary two-, three- or four-night land packages as an extension to their river cruise vacation, allowing further exploration of the surrounding destinations where their river cruise begins or ends.
"This new Free Land Package offer was designed to further enhance our guests’ vacation experience with an extra few days to recover from jetlag before their river cruise or explore a new city before returning home," said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. "Drawing on our European heritage, our river cruise itineraries and excursions have been created to offer our guests unparalleled experiences and the same is true for our land packages that have just the right balance of immersive included tours and free time.”
Time is the most precious commodity and these complimentary land packages pamper travelers with a little extra time before or after their river cruise to explore incredible countries while staying in world-class hotels and enjoying the concierge-level services provided by their Cruise Manager who will accompany them throughout their whole journey. Each land package includes daily breakfast, convenient transfers and portage services between the hotel and ship plus enriching city tours and experiences, such as the opportunity to visit the world-famous Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain, or taste Czech Pilsners in Prague.
With 15 different pre- and post-cruise land packages offered complimentary on select sailings in 2023, guests can discover fascinating cities like Prague, Paris, Vienna, Budapest, Amsterdam, Lucerne, Barcelona, Nice, Geneva, Lake Como, Lisbon, St. Malo, Bilbao, Bucharest or further afield with Bangkok and Dubai.
A sample of free land packages include:
- Zurich and Lucerne, Switzerland: Travelers can enjoy two nights in Zurich with a guided tour through the "Little Big City" before spending two nights in Lucerne. In Lucerne, guests can enjoy a scenic cruise across beautiful Lake Lucerne and visit the historic Lion Monument to learn more about the city's magical medieval walls and towers.
- Add two-night, pre- or post-cruise land package in Zurich plus two-night package in Lucerne (valued at C$2,315 per person) to select 7-night Captivating Rhine and Enchanting Rhine river cruises
- Prague, Czech Republic: Guests venture to Regensburg, Germany, where they can explore the country's best-preserved medieval cities before traveling to Prague for three nights. Excursions include exploring the UNESCO-designated city center, visiting Prague's infamous Astronomical Clock, and enjoying authentic Czech beer.
- Lake Como, Italy: Travelers will enjoy gazing at clear blue waters and impressive villas on a scenic ride along Lake Como to see its stunning peak, Bellagio, while soaking in the lakeside views and iconic cobbled-stone streets.
- Budapest, Hungary: Travelers can explore Budapest's "hidden" side, venturing deep into the city for two nights to explore fascinating sites such as the Margaret Bridge, Nyugati Railway Station, and the Great Synagogue.
Guests looking to extend their river cruise experience can enjoy additional 10% savings on a second cruise and add a complimentary pre-cruise land package. To reserve a river cruise with a complimentary land package, travelers can contact their preferred Travel Advisor and learn more about the many eligible sailings available to discover more along the world’s legendary rivers in 2023.
Visit AmaWaterways.ca/FreeLand for full terms and conditions.
To book an AmaWaterways river cruise, contact your preferred Travel Advisor, call 1.800.626.0126 or visit AmaWaterways.ca. Follow AmaWaterways on Facebook at Facebook.com/AmaWaterways, Instagram @AmaWaterways, Twitter @AmaWaterways, and YouTube at YouTube.com/AmaWaterways.
MEDIA NOTE: A hi-res image can be found HERE.
Family-owned and operated for 20 years, AmaWaterways offers unparalleled river cruise experiences with 26 custom-designed ships sailing Europe’s Danube, Douro, Rhine, Moselle, Main, Rhône, Saône, Seine, Garonne and Dordogne Rivers, and Dutch and Belgian Waterways; Southeast Asia’s Mekong River; Africa’s Chobe River; Egypt’s Nile River and Colombia’s Magdalena River (2024).Co-founded and led by pioneering river cruise executives Rudi Schreiner and Kristin Karst, the company is renowned for its extraordinarily warm and welcoming crew; innovative and sustainable ship design; its wellness activities including a wide choice of included small group shore excursions featuring biking and hiking options; and its award-winning, locally sourced cuisine with complimentary fine wine. Modern, spacious and tastefully decorated, most ships welcome an average of just 150 guests and feature onboard amenities such as a stunning Main Lounge, specialty Chef’s Table restaurant, hair and massage salons, a Sun Deck walking track with heated outdoor swimming pools with swim-up bars. AmaWaterways leads the river cruise industry in innovation highlighted with the launch of the revolutionary AmaMagna, and the introduction of the history-making Seven River Journey itineraries. The company also offers a variety of themed sailings and brand relationships, with sailings geared towards active travelers and families as well as group and charter options.
With the highest-rated ships in Europe according to the third edition of Berlitz: River Cruising in Europe & the USA, AmaWaterways has received countless honors and accolades including Travel + Leisure’s 2020 World’s Best Award for “Best River Cruise Line” and Departures’ 2020 Legend Award for “Best Luxury Cruising Experiences This Year.” In addition, 20 ships in AmaWaterways’ European fleet have received the prestigious Green Award certification for industry-leading safety, quality and environmental performance.
# # #
(954) 716-7614 or AmaPR@HemsworthCommunications.com